Shade Arbors and Pergolas
Shade arbors, pergolas and patio covers will not only give much needed shade protection from the hot Texas sun, it also adds elegance to any backyard and creates a comfortable area for entertainment. Arbors can be attached to a house or they can be freestanding within a landscape. We can spruce up the arbor with fans and lighting.
Our most popular shade arbor is the Deluxe-Style Arbor with scrolled ends and 2×2 life-time treated shade strips. It’s simply stunning!
Shade Arbors, patio covers and pergolas have many uses in your yard:
- Reduce energy usage by keeping rooms and walls cooler in the summer.
- Great for defining an outdoor living space. Add a swing for relaxing!
- Can be built over existing patios and make for a more intimate setting.
- Provide shade as well as support for paddle fans and outdoor lighting.
- Can be used to frame and accent a walkway.
- Can be used to define or enhance an entry to the yard.
Shade Arbors and Pergolas Placement
We build shade arbors and pergolas with life-time treated pine wood. It’s important to structure the placement of the arbor depending on the orientation of the sun. When deciding where to place an arbor within the landscape, there are a few things to take in to consideration:
- Consider the position of the sun at sunset and sunrise before determining where to build
- Where you’d most enjoy spending time
- What time of day you’d mostly sit under the pergola
- Which areas of your landscape are most pleasant at that time